1Password for Mac installed from Mac App Store is in Read Only mode

This discussion was created from comments split from: Mac App Store version shows "Read Only".

Comments

• djfiliplegrand
    djfiliplegrand
    Community Member

Same problem here.
    First, all the apps come from Mac App store. Me and my brother have a Family Apple Pack group account.(i see in my app account what my brother buy in past and have the option for install apps from him, so do nothing wrong)

So Install the iPhone Version that my brother buy in past on iPhone App Store and make my Database on iCloud ( No problem with that)

After that i install OSX App version ( also came from my brother account) on my MacBook Pro, link my account to iCloud (No probleme)

Install OSX App version on my Mac Mini, but here i make mistake, install a new version from my own account. so a different apple ID.
    From here i see only Read option. ok, no problem. Delete app and also data Library Container. Install again 1Password from apple store but now from my brother account.
    Problem not resolve, read mode still active. What is the right procedure for fix this problem ???

Thx for Help

• rudy
    edited October 2017

@djfiliplegrand,

did you also delete the receipt from ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Receipts/receipt ?

Rudy

• djfiliplegrand
    djfiliplegrand
    Community Member

Hey Rudy,

Correct. Delete all file. So 2 folders.

Filip

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @djfiliplegrand - at this point, if you haven't already, I'd suggest restarting your Mac, then re-launching 1Password for Mac and checking to see whether the problem persists. Sometimes the Mac App Store version of 1Password can get a little confused about caches and purchases. If you're still seeing the issue after a restart, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77492/mac-app-store-version-shows-read-only#latest
    • Your forum username: djfiliplegrand

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ksteuer
    ksteuer
    Community Member

My daughter's computer has the same problem: "Read Only". She had downloaded from App Store, but I deleted the app including instructions above, then reinstalled from App Store using family sharing from my past purchase. Still, it shows read only. How can this be resolved?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

@ksteuer

Apple's Family Sharing does not work with 1Password. Please email us at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77492

As well as your forum username:

ksteuer

Please also include a copy of your receipt from the App Store, as we have no ability to look up purchases made through Apple ourselves. We'll be happy to work with you on the options available.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.