What's up with the iCloud warning and pop up new tab?

WldMtn
WldMtn
Community Member

When I go to login to 1Pass I automatically am taken to a ICloud tab and apple loggin. What's the deal here gang?

I also just made my 1Pass mini go away from my Chrome menu bar. Hope I can resolve that quickly enough. That's what I get for hasty clicking.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

HI @WldMtn -- thanks for writing in. The iCloud issue has to do with the fact that Apple changed the timeout value for iCloud authentication to 8 hours. That means, unless you're signing in and out several times a day, that you're going to get asked every single day - and maybe more than once a day.

However, you can change this by making sure that next time you see the authentication page, you make sure to click the box that says Keep me signed in -- this should remedy the problem

Regarding the 1Password chrome extension, you can re-install it right here, if you deleted it inadvertently.

Let us know if you have any other difficulties, and enjoy the weekend!

• WldMtn
    WldMtn
    Community Member

Hello Lars,
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I will check the leave me signed in option. Quickly though, I will clear caches and browsing data several times a week. Will this, in fact, cancel my "Keep me Logged in" choice?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WildMtn -- I'm actually not sure. I think we don't go back to the browser once you've checked that box, unless Apple tells us the authentication is invalid. But give it a shot, let us know what you discover!

This discussion has been closed.