Another 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt error

sfsdfd
sfsdfd
Community Member

I've spent the past few days rebuilding my computer, starting with a complete reformat and a fresh install of High Sierra. Nearly everything is working... with one significant exception: 1Password.

Here's the error message whenever I select Autocomplete:

"The file 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it.
To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."

Things I've tried, without success:

1) Following those instructions. Permissions were listed as: Read & Write for my account, Read for "staff," and Read for "everyone."

2) Changing those permissions to Read & Write for all three accounts.

3) Visiting the folder in Terminal and chmod 777.

4) As many posts on this topic previously recommended - deleting the script, and then either closing and re-opening 1Password or rebooting, both of which caused 1Password to recreate the script.

5) Fiddling with the "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" box, which (a) I've seen mentioned in several posts and (b) seems to have trouble staying selected, for reasons I don't understand.

6) Reinstalling the browser extension.

No dice. Same error, every time.

Any suggestions? (Besides paying again for a license to the native, non-MAS version that apparently isn't confined by obtuse sandboxing rules and therefore doesn't need a fiddly one-line script that raises all sorts of issues?)

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• @sfsdfd: I'd actually suggest trying the non-MAS version of 1Password on our downloads page without paying for an additional license as it should be able to read your App Store receipt and recognize that you've already purchased 1Password. You can find instructions to make the switch as seamless as possible here and, of course, if you do have questions or troubles along the way, we're here to help. :chuffed:

• sfsdfd
    sfsdfd
    Community Member

Well, that was much easier than I was expecting! Worked perfectly - my issue is resolved. Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sfsdfd - on behalf of Kate and everyone else, you're quite welcome! Let us know if you have any further issues and have a great week. :)

This discussion has been closed.