Feature Request: Auto-magically log my in after using TouchID

alttext
alttext
Community Member

I looked (briefly) on the forums for this, but in many/most cases there is only one username/password associated with each domain I visit, and in those cases, after opening the context menu and selecting 1Password, I really just want to touch the TouchID and then have it log me in. The next step where it just changes the 1Password menu to allow me to select a saved login is less magical. :)

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @alttext: It sounds like performing a Go & Fill or maybe using the keyboard shortcut might be more your kind of magic? For Go & Fill, you select the login item you want to fill in 1Password mini on your menubar (or from the extension icon) and 1Password will open the page and fill + submit for you. Alternatively, if you're already on the page you want to fill on, press Cmd + \ to tell 1Password to fill, unlock with Touch ID and 1Password will fill and submit your login for you. If none of that is magical enough for you, I'd be happy to still pass along your feedback. Filling as soon as you unlock on a site with only one associated login item could definitely be a cool optional feature. :chuffed:

• alttext
    alttext
    Community Member

Ooooh - Cmd + \ is pretty close to the magic I was looking for. Just gotta remember that one.

When you mention Go & Fill do you mean "Open & Fill"? I can't seem to find the same verbiage but yea, I set all my logins to Open & Fill my default.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ooooh - Cmd + \ is pretty close to the magic I was looking for. Just gotta remember that one.

@alttext: :) :+1:

When you mention Go & Fill do you mean "Open & Fill"? I can't seem to find the same verbiage but yea, I set all my logins to Open & Fill my default.

Yep. We've unfortunately called it slightly different things over the years. This is what we're referring to:

1. Select a Login item in the 1Password browser extension
    2. Press Enter
    3. 1Password opens the URL of that Login item
    4. and fills the username and password it has saved.

That's Open & Fill / Go & Fill. Sorry for the confusion there! :)

This discussion has been closed.