"Browser could not be verified" on Safari

mikehum
mikehum
Community Member

Since last update I can't use the 1Password extension in Safary any more. Crome and Firefox are working well. I also tried to reinstall the extension and restarted 1Password Mini.

If I click the button and the menu opens it can't recognise the current url and will not provide or fill the current web form with credentials.

Funny: Storing new passwords are working.

Thx for help.

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mikehum! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password extension in Safari just now. Unfortunately, you didn't provide us any details of your system when you posted, so it's a bit difficult to say what might be going on with your particular setup. Can you let us know what version of macOS (or OS X) you're running, along with what version of 1Password and the extension in Safari? Thanks in advance.

• mikehum
    mikehum
    Community Member

1Password: 1Password
    Version 6.8.2 (682002)
    Mac App Store
    MacOS: 10.12.6 (16G29)
    Sync: iCloud
    Extension: Safari 4.6.11

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mikehum -- OK, thanks. And what is the specific behavior you're experiencing? You said "if I click the button" -- what button are you referring to? Are you clicking on the item within the main 1Password window and using Open & Fill? Or are you opening the URL yourself manually or using a bookmark, and using the browser extension?

It sounds to me as if you might be missing the AutoSubmit script, but I can't be sure. Please try these steps:

1. Close all browsers and quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. In the Finder, from your Mac's menubar, choose Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste the following file path, then press enter:
      ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Restart your Mac.

Once your Mac restarts, launch 1Password and see if the trouble is resolved. Let us know how that works!

• mikehum
    mikehum
    Community Member

@Lars Thanks! It's going back to work now. I really need the tool :)

I mean the 'button' in the browser - in the toolbar.

I killed all the safari and 1password processes using the Monitor app and removed all the agile folders in ~/Library/Application Scripts

in detail:

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
    com.agilebits.onepassword-osx
    com.agilebits.onepassword-osx.safariextensioncompanion

Maybe it's not important to remove them all, but it looks like they all where empty.

After starting 1Password and Safari (without restart of the os) it works perfectly as usual.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mikehum - Glad to hear it! Let us know if you have any further troubles or questions -- and have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.