What are Conflicts?

bobgoldstein1passwrd
bobgoldstein1passwrd
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Mac

When I display a login, I see a section called Conflicts. What are they, and where is the documentation?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Display of login shows 'conflicts'- what are those?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bobgoldstein1passwrd - Conflicts are the result of a sync that didn't happen correctly in the past. For one reason or another, 1Password was unable to resolve different versions of your data to come up with a clear path to merging or declaring one version the "winner" (newer version). When this happens, 1Password is very conservative with your data -- if it can't be 100% sure of its actions, it will provide you with the conflicting sections of BOTH records, so you can sort these out yourself. Looking at the data in the conflict section yourself, if it's old/outdated and no longer relevant, you can feel free to delete the conflict; otherwise, you can manually adjust the record as you see fit.

• Thank you! very quick and very cogent.****

• Oh, Lars, is there a way I can see all the logins with conflicts?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bobgoldstein1passwrd - the best way to do it is, in the main window of 1Password, click on the tiny triangle next to the magnifying glass in the search field at the top of the item list. Choose Show Search Options, and then set it up so you're searching All Items for All of the Conflict Fields, like this:

This discussion has been closed.