Docked fly-out login window suffers from visual glitches.

aaronm91
aaronm91
Community Member

Hello, Lars.
Hopefully, you can help me out with this issue or perhaps take it to the development team for a fix.

Steps to replicate:

1. Hover mouse and click on 1Password menu icon
  2. Search and hover mouse over a login item
  3. Choose to dock the window so it is always on top of other windows and remains on screen.
  4. Hover your mouse over items and notice the window will glitch out.

Notes:

The window itself works 100%. I am able to use the feature as intended however the issue lies in the visual representation of it when hovering over items. It's simply aesthetically unpleasing to see.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Updated all apps and OS
  • Restarted Mac
  • Quit and relaunched 1Password
  • Uninstall and reinstalled 1Password

None of the above steps helped resolve the issue. The issue happens every time I dock a website login window.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.2 (682002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dock

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hey @aaronm91 -- yup, I can reproduce that error myself, and our development team is already aware of it. It seems to be something to do with the new Metal 2 that was introduced in High Sierra, but we don't have anything formal to share with you just yet. Sorry for the inconvenience and keep an eye on updates. Thanks for the video!

(edited to add: I've just been informed by a developer that it apparently is NOT Metal 2 as was originally suspected, but rather a conflict between NSVisualEffectsView and the hover button behaviors. Anyway, we're on it. :) )

ref: OPM-5137

This discussion has been closed.