i need to change a password that I generated for a bank account

nana1dottie
nana1dottie
Community Member

how do I change the password that !password generated for my Credit card. it will not accept it without a number or a capitol letter?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I change a password that I generated for a bank account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @nana1dottie! Here are the instructions for changing a password on a webpage; make sure you pay attention to the sliders for symbols or numerals; it sounds like you'll need at least one of those! Let us know if you have any troubles.

• nana1dottie
    nana1dottie
    Community Member

not sure what you mean by sliders I was using a PW recommended by 1password. it gave me four word with spaces in between it works on a lot of passwords I have changed but for some it requires a number and a Capitol letter.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nana1dottie -- ah, OK: you're using the Words option. Look in the Strong Password Generator, and you'll see two buttons, Characters and Words. You currently have Words selected, so 1Password is generating actual words for you, with spaces in between. Choose Characters instead, and you'll get a random string of alphanumeric characters, with the ability to add numerals and/or symbols, by means of a slider that you can adjust.

This discussion has been closed.