synch by folder - label date updated- small bug - thread closed March 2015

Martin59
Martin59
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Mac

March 2015 I asked
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37571/synch-by-folder-label-date-updated-small-bug#latest
thread closed. I did not answer; sorry

The answer today is:
1. both timestamps the same time
2. both timestamps the same time
3. created - the same; last modified changing only on the modified mac
4. both last modified and created the same; last modified now corrected
5. after adding a file, quit, different last modified - they do not change on any mac

1Password Version: 6.82
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.13 ergänzendes update
Sync Type: Folder Sync via Synology NAS "Cloud Station" sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Martin59 -- We're not able to troubleshoot a problem from two years ago, but one thing I did notice both here and in your other thread this morning is that you've been syncing -- along with trying other methods -- at least in party by using a Synology NAS. I'm not sure whether you're aware, but in our support article on folder syncing we explicitly discourage the use of NAS as a folder sync location:

Only sync to a folder on a local or removable drive, like an external hard drive or USB flash drive. Syncing to a folder on a network volume, like a Time Capsule or other NAS, may cause problems if the device goes offline.

And it's not just going offline, either -- although some users have reported success with NAS sync, we've no way to control any inconsistencies between how the sync engine of the particular device or service in question works and how 1Password syncs. Conflicting sync fields - or even potential data loss - is a very possible result. I'd strongly advise against such a setup.

This discussion has been closed.