1Password is now acting wierdly

TomCarbon
TomCarbon
Community Member

Hello,

I am a happy user of 1password for years...
but recently (I would say it started a 3/4 weeks ago) it doesn't work much.

I have 1Password 6 Version 6.8.2 (682003) from the AgileBits store, macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and I'm using either Safari 11.0 (12604.1.38.1.7) or Chrome 60.0.3112.113.
But now when I am on a page asking for my credentials, 1password doesn't provide me with any help and nothing appears in the 1password menu. It sounds like it doesn't recognize any website anymore and I have to manually go in the menu > logins > 'website' and copy the password from the popup that appears... not very convenient ;'(

What could I do?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @TomCarbon!

I am a happy user of 1password for years...

Thank you so much! We're glad you're a long-time 1Password user, even if this is your first visit here. Gives us a chance to say thanks, in person. So, thanks! :)

Regarding what brought you here, I'm going to guess (and it is only a guess) that either you have somehow uninstalled the 1Password extension from your browser(s), or 1Password mini is somehow not running. Check your Mac's menubar and see if you can see the familiar 1Password keyhole icon up there. If you can't, then open up Preferences > General and make sure the box marked "Always keep 1Password mini running" is checked. If not, check it. If it IS checked, then please restart your Mac and try again. Let us know how/if that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.