REQ: Change 1PMini and 1P browser extension icon to custom vault icon

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member

Quite often when logging into a site, 1P is set to the wrong vault so I end up logging into the wrong account. This is usually just an annoyance as I have to log out, change vaults, then log back in. However, there are some websites that are highly secure and only allow a single login at a time. When I accidentally log into one of these sites, it interrupts a co-worker that is logged into that account.

Many of the vaults in my Team are set with custom icons. Would you consider adding an optional feature that would change the 1P Mini and 1P browser extension icons to the custom icon of the active vault?

So before I hit ⌘+\, a quick glance to the 1P icon would let me know if I have 1P set to the appropriate vault or not.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Smudge -- will we consider it? Of course! It's not too often that we hear a suggestion or request from a passionate user and think "nope, there's just no way we're doing that." And when that happens, we usually try to say so as gently and directly as possible, and give reasons WHY it's such an immediate "nope."

Everything else? Of course we'll consider it! Many of the features you see in 1Password today had their start in a suggestion or observation from our awesome user base, and we're truly grateful for every bit of feedback and every suggestion we receive.

That said, as I'm sure you're no doubt aware, "consider" isn't a synonym for "do." :) Sometimes we consider an idea and think "that just isn't going to benefit enough users for the amount of work it would require." Other times, we wind up deciding "this may actually cause confusion or feature overload for some customers." And still other times, we think "that'd be great to have, but we've got a ton of higher-priority items on our plate right now, so it'll have to remain in the "someday/maybe" stack for now."

You get the idea. There's a lot to take into account every time we consider a change or a new feature to 1Password. If you want my personal opinion in this case, I think that would be a cool thing to have -- but since I'm not the person who'll have to do the actual work of making it happen, I can't say when - or even whether - you might see such a thing. However, what I can say is that I will definitely throw your idea into the hat for consideration here. Oh, and I can also say thanks, again, for taking the time to share it with us. :)

This discussion has been closed.