To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bought new Mac. Can't use my Product key on new version.

Options
Jericokezero
Jericokezero
Community Member

Hello, I was using 1Password Ver. 3.8.18. I bought a new iMac and downloaded the current version of 1Password, but I can*t log in with my password and apparently need to fill out 4 things (login adress, email adress, secret key and master password).

My product key won*t work either on this version.

Any help appreciated!

1Password Version: 3.8.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Jericokezero! Wow, version 3.8.18 -- you've been with us for a while. Thanks so much! Also, congratulations on the shiny new iMac!

If you recently purchased a new Mac, your OS will be either 10.12.x (Sierra) or 10.13 -- neither of which will run 1Password 3 for Mac very stably. Downloading the current version of 1Password was definitely the way to go, but you're correct: a license that old will not work for the current version. It's time to upgrade your 1Password along with your Mac!

A LOT has changed since the days of version 3.8.18, but the most important thing I want to ensure is that your data are safe. Let's start there. May I ask: do you still have the older Mac, and can you still access your data in 1Password 3 for Mac on it?

• Jericokezero
    Jericokezero
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for replying so fast. Yes I*ve got the old Mac right here and can access everything.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jericokezero -- Great. I was worried you might not have it any longer, in which case you'd be looking at some bad options, for sure. :)

Your next step will be to choose whether you want to purchase a license for the current version of 1Password for Mac, or subscribe to a 1Password membership. Of the two, I'd definitely recommend the latter -- it's what I use myself, and I believe all of my colleagues do as well. However, the choice is yours. Let us know which way you'd like to go, and I'll give you instructions for getting switched over.

This discussion has been closed.