To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi, my iMac hard drive crashed and I am needing to reinstall 1password - won't take my info

jimcartmill
jimcartmill
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

Hard drive on my iMac crashed. I sent it to drivesavers.com to save the data, but cannot find where to reinstall 1 password . I did pay for it, but I did a fresh reinstall on my "new" hard drive and is asking me questions I don't know how to answer. I have an email, password and the code from this email:
Please make sure to move it to your /Applications folder once it's installed. Then register it with your current license:

[removed by AgileBits staff — don't post your license information on a public forum!]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chat

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Where did you originally get 1Password for Mac? The Mac App Store or AgileBits store? What did you use to sync? Dropbox, iCloud, or WAN?

I don’t work for AgileBits, but these answers I bet can help them help you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jimcartmill: Since you purchased directly from AgileBits, I was able to send your license information to you. You'll have already received that via email. Just follow the instructions there to install and register the app.

However, that doesn't help with your data, as we don't have that. That's where prime 's questions come in. Did you sync your 1Password data to other devices? Or do you have 1Password's Application Support folder recovered from the old computer? You'll need to have a copy of your data, or start over, and those are the most likely candidates. Let me know what you find!

ref: NRR-55848-627

• elizabay
    elizabay
    Community Member

Hello again. Further to my post 30 of so minutes ago, if you can give me an email address I can send my contact details to you for verification. Hope you can help. Kind regards, PJ

• elizabay
    elizabay
    Community Member

Aaaggh. Appears my earlier message was not posted! Apologies. Here it is again, in brief.
    Like person posting above, my MacBook Pro hard drive broke down today. Had to replace it. So need to re-establish all data on laptop, including 1Password stuff.
    As background, I have all 1Password data from laptop synced to my mobile phone and to iPad. I believe I purchased 1Password directly from AgileBits. I do not have a "membership".
    Question: Is there some neat way to transfer 1Password data (which is extensive, and complicated, by design) from, say, my mobile phone back to the laptop?
    As mentioned earlier, if you can give me an email address, I can provide you with contact details for verification.
    Kind regards, PJ

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@elizabay: Verification won't matter, as we never have access to your data. But if you have your data, we can absolutely help you sync it to other devices. Just shoot us an email with the details at support@1password.com and we'll go from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.