I signed up for a family plan. I downloaded the 1Password app and entered all my passwords, credit

Options
Arctichawk
Arctichawk
Community Member

Cards in my Primary vault in the app. I just invited my wife to join our family plan and want to share my Primary vault from the 1Password app. I am unclear oh how to move items from my Primary vault into the family vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Created vault in 1Password app and now want these items in family account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Arctichawk! If you've been using 1Password for a while, your vault will be called Primary. But that's not the same as your 1password.com account vaults. With a 1Password Families account, you'll have a Personal vault as well as access to the Shared vault. Your wife (once you approve her sign-up) will have her own, separate Personal vault, and access to the same Shared vault as you have.

Since you cannot share items from your Primary vault directly, if you already have items already in your Primary vault, you'll need to move items between vaults -- either into your Personal vault or the Shared vault of your 1Password Families account, depending on whether a given item is something you want to share with your wife. Let us know how you get on with that. :)

• Arctichawk
    Arctichawk
    Community Member
    Options

You can move multiple items at once in the 1Password app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Open and unlock 1Password.
    In any item list, scroll up and tap Select Items.
    Select the item(s).
    Tap Move, then select the vault where you want to move the item(s).

From your link. When I select all items in my Primary Vault from the 1Password app, I do not get an option to select items. If I choose one Item and select 'move and copy' and I choose move, I do not see my family vaults in 1Password.com.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arctichawk - it sounds as if you may not be signed into your 1Password account on your iOS device(s). You'll need to do that first, before you can move any items into the 1Password Families vaults. Here’s how to sign in on a new device. Once you've done that, the move/copy instructions I gave in my previous reply should work for you. Let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.