To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing issues

Options
brokenhilt
brokenhilt
Community Member

Why doesn't 1password on my laptop sync to my desktop or phone???

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows pro 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:why doesn't my account on my pc sync to ,my phone

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brokenhilt :)
    Sorry for the trouble you have been having. It's hard to say what exactly is going wrong without a little more information. You say you sync with Dropbox. Have you set up Dropbox syncing? What does (or does not) happen when you try? The more information you can provide, the better.

Another good resource to check if you set up syncing and it still won't work is this troubleshooting guide. Give the steps in that guide a try and see if any of them solve the problem for you.

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brokenhilt: Indeed, while 1Password.com accounts handle all of this automatically, the standalone 1Password app won't sync data unless you configure it to do so; otherwise your data is only stored locally on your device. Definitely checkout the guide Corey_C linked if you'd like to use Dropbox to sync data to 1Password on your other devices.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.