To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Multiple user accounts on same machine

FDHBuddy
FDHBuddy
Community Member

I am not using the subscription service. I access 1Password on mobile and desktop devices. The desktop (Windows) has multiple users that sign into it and have different "accounts". I can access and use 1P when I am on the desktop but the other user cannot. In simplest terms, how do I the other user access to the 1P extension so they can use the account already set up on the desktop/PC?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @FDHBuddy: 1Password 4 for Windows works a bit differently from the other apps in that it accesses your vault directly no matter where it's located (local folder or Dropbox). You'll need to make sure that the vault the other user needs to access is accessible from their user account on the PC (ie - it isn't in your user folder and, if on Dropbox, Dropbox is set up with the proper account on their user). Do you and the other user access the same vault or do you need different vaults accessible to each user? Also, do sync via Dropbox or is this vault saved in local storage on the PC? Knowing a bit more about the location of the data this second user needs to access will help me point you in the right direction. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.