To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Frozen on One Device

rotach
rotach
Community Member

We have a family account with two users. We use this account on two Macs, one Windows machine, two iOS devices, and a couple web browsers. Our account is shown as frozen on one of our 1Password Mac apps while simultaneously being not shows as frozen across all others. This Mac happens to be the account where we signed up originally for the trial before upgrading to a family account. I have tried reinstalling the 1Password app with no luck.

Thank you for your help.

John

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:family account frozen one computer

Comments

• rotach
    rotach
    Community Member

Update: I was able to solve my issue. I did so by reinstalling the 1Password application but instead of having 1Password find my account through what I assume to be cookies or local files stored when logging into 1Password.com, I manually entered my account details from my recovery kit. This brought up the same account with no notification it was frozen. Hopefully this can help someone searching in the future.

I do believe this had something to do with starting a free trial individual account on this Mac and then upgrading to the family plan.

• @rotach: You're likely correct that some outdated credentials remained. 1Password uses iCloud keychain to store some of your credentials and make setting up other Apple devices a bit easier, so you may have still had your Individual account credentials saved there. Either way, I'm glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.