To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

(Mac) Account still frozen after reinstalling and applying license

Options
samuel_foster
samuel_foster
Community Member

About a month ago I purchased a 1Password license. Yesterday, my trial period ran out, which I assume I must have accidentally signed up for. Since then, my account has been frozen and no amount of reinstalling or resending of licenses is resolving the issue. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @samuel_foster! Sorry to hear you're having trouble sorting out license/account difference issues just now. If you purchased a license from us, you don't have -- and don't NEED -- a 1password.com account. A standalone license of 1Password for Mac allows you to create local 1Password data, but not to use the 1password.com service.

What you'll need to do is visit Preferences > Advanced and check the box that says "allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." This will allow you to create a Primary vault locally on your Mac. You'll need to choose a Master Password for this vault, since it's not part of the 1password.com account you signed up for initially. You can use the same Master Password as you used for your 1password.com account, however, if you wish.

Once that's done, you'll need to move your data over from the 1password.com vault(s) into your new Primary vault. Once all the data is migrated and you've nothing left in the 1password.com vaults, go to Preferences > Accounts and sign out of your 1password.com account. It will remain in Frozen status, and you can now use 1Password as a standalone app, using the license you purchased. Let us know if you have any difficulties! :)

• samuel_foster
    samuel_foster
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars , that worked perfectly! Thanks for the detailed instructions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@samuel_foster -- you're quite welcome, glad that helped! Since you have a standalone license, if you want to sync your data with other devices in the future, you'll need to choose one of our third-party sync services (Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN sync), get it set up, and manage it yourself. Don't worry: it's not too hard. Just a heads-up for if you want to use 1Password on more than one device. Have a great rest of your week! :)

ref: PAD-88181-279

This discussion has been closed.