Unable to find 1Password on device [Check parental controls; 1Password rated 17+]

Options
System
edited October 2017 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password will not open on iPhone.

Comments

• dxblak
    dxblak
    Community Member
    Options

Having same problem. Fortunately 1Password is loaded on another device. I can’t figure out how to remove from iPhone since the 1Password icon does not appear at all.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dxblak

That doesn’t sound like the same problem at all. :) I’ve split your question off into its own thread.

If you use Spotlight to search your phone do you see 1Password listed in the search results? The most common cause of what you’ve described is that 1Password has been accidentally moved into a folder.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks.

Ben

• dxblak
    dxblak
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, when I search I see 1Password. But I have looked and looked. I don’t see ipassword in any folder. I don’t have that many apps.

• dxblak
    dxblak
    Community Member
    Options

I can find the 1Password when I do a search but it won’t open when I press “open.”’ All of my other apps will launch when I press open but not 1password

• Ben
    Options

@dxblak,

Did you enable parental controls on this device (perhaps inadvertently)? 1Password is rated 17+ due to the built-in web browser, and as such cannot be launched on devices with parental controls:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Please check that and let us know. :)

Ben

• dxblak
    dxblak
    Community Member
    Options

You are a genius! Thank you. Fixed. Relief.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.