To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Recently purchased an account, but did I need to?

Options
bernieraffe
bernieraffe
Community Member

I’ve just spoken to a friend who seems to use 1Password in pretty much the same was I do, yet he hasn’t purchased a subscription.

I’m quite confused about the concept of ‘an account’, and the knowledgebase doesn’t really help.

I just want to securely store my own individual logins etc, and be able to sync across my PC, Android phone, and iPad. I do this successfully now using my account.

But dId I actually need an account? The various help files mention the alternative to an account using apps, but I already use the apps via my account, so I just don’t get it!

I don’t recall seeing any other method of downloading or using 1Password other than the ‘free trial and subscription’ model.

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bernieraffe,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Yes. a subscription account is required to use 1Password across all of those platforms. :) We do not currently offer 1Password for Windows without an account.

Thanks.

Ben

• bernieraffe
    bernieraffe
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Ahh, ok thanks.

I’ve subscribed for a year, so what would happen to my Windows program if I didn’t renew after a year, would it just stop working (or maybe self-destruct!!)

By the way, I do think it’s a great system, works very well.

• Ben
    Options

@bernieraffe

You can read about what happens if your subscription lapses here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

Thanks for the kind words!

Ben

• bernieraffe
    bernieraffe
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

It doesn't specifically mention the Windows program, but I assume it displays a message to the effect that the account is frozen and that edits are disabled?

• Ben
    Options

It affects all of the apps, not just Window, but yes. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.