To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add my existing 1pw licence to newly downloaded 1pw6 app on Mac.

donnan72
donnan72
Community Member

I had to restore my computer and redownload 1pw6. I have synced by dropbox but it is saying my version is read only.

I have a licence key but do not have a 1pw.com account.

Pls advise.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.3 (683004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: dropbox.
Referrer: forum-search:add a licence

Comments

• donnan72
    donnan72
    Community Member

I had the licence emailed and dowloaded, clicked the link, but it did not update the licence or add the licence.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

You need to download it from where you originally got it. You cannot use your license for the Mac App Store version if you originally bought it directly from AgileBits. If that's the case, you need to uninstall the Mac App Store version and install the correct version from here: https://1password.com/downloads/

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@donnan72 -- @pervel is quite right. It looks as if you've downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store; if you previously had a license purchased from us (AgileBits), you'll need to visit our downloads page and download the most-recent version of 1Password for Mac from us (version 6.8.3). You cannot "license" the Mac App Store version of 1Password because it's tied to your Apple ID and therefore doesn't require the user to enter a license key. That's why your data are in read-only mode right now. Here are the steps to get switched over; let us know if you run into any problems. :)

This discussion has been closed.