What editing privileges can I give Guest Users?

petuniasauntie
petuniasauntie
Community Member

I'm a new family organizer designing our account structure and considering using Guest Users for some of our family members (young children, elderly people with little technology experience.)

I've read in other forum posts that this is an approach that has been encouraged when family organizers are trying to avoid their children having access to a private vault.

In my case, some of the family members I am considering making guests I would also l like to have the ability to at least add items to the shared vault, if not edit - so I am interested in the details of any editing privileges that can, optionally, be included when setting up a Guest User (or managing the shared vault.)

Is any editing an option? If so, is it possible to customize it by item or category of item? Permit adding items but not editing or deleting? Locking individual items? What functionality along these lines is supported, if any?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petuniasauntie: Guests will have whatever permissions you set for the on the (single) vault you share with them. So you can give them full access, or read-only, etc. Permissions are managed at the vault level though, so it will apply to all items inside it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.