Displaying Credit Card under logins

Enjoying the extension so far, there's definitely a lot more use case beyond Linux and Chrome OS but anyway.

One thing I'm wondering is why you display the credit card below every login? I can't think of a situation where you need both at once.

To keep consistency with the normal extension it would be better to access the credit card via the credit card sub menu wouldn't it?

If someone is looking at my screen they can see the last 4 digits of my credit card, not that it's any use, but still

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning, @defiant!

It's great to hear you are enjoying our extension! I agree with you 100% that there are many more use cases beyond Linux and Chrome OS, but that's where we're targeting for our first release as our Windows and Mac users already have a full app and and extension of their own, both of which have seen many years of active development over the last decade. Even though our new extension will do certain things better, there are many things that it doesn't (yet?) so we're not expecting everyone to want to switch over. At least not just yet anyway :)

Regarding credit cards and why we show them alongside logins, the idea is we wanted to collect every item that is usable on your currently active website in one place. So we automatically filter your logins to only show the ones matching the current page, and since you may want to fill your credit card or address information, we show both of those as well.

I find it works out quite nicely as performing a search will automatically narrow the list even further, and when combined with this default behaviour, I can often find what I need with only a few key strokes.

You are right that you can also find your credit cards underneath the Credit Cards category, and if you have a lot of logins for a particular site, sometimes it's easier to go there first. For me personally I find I never need to do that as I really enjoy the search feature. But different strokes for different folks :)

I hope that helps explain why we present things the way we do. It was the brain child of Dan, our lead designer, and I for one think he nailed it. Hopefully once you get used to the change you agree as well.

Take care,

++dave;

• overmetal61
    overmetal61
    Community Member

I'm having an issue with FULL credit card information displaying if I click the 1PasswordX icon as Suggested Information.

This is a real issue when sharing my screen via WebEx and someone can take a screenshot.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @overmetal61! I appreciate you reaching out about this. I've run into a similar issue when taking a screencast on my own computer, so I feel your pain on this one. I'll go ahead and pass your feedback along to the rest of my team so we can take it into consideration when building future versions of 1Password X. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. ❤️

ref: dev/core/core#620

This discussion has been closed.