I cannot drag & drop text from 1Password onto a Safari secure page, even though I can from TextEdit

AlPass
AlPass
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Mac

I am running OSX 10.13 and 1password 6.8.3 (683005). I am not happy copy & pasting info as I feel this could possibly compromise online safety.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:drag and drop not working

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @AlPass! Can you elaborate a bit on what it is that's not working as you expect? You should not have to copy and paste your login items into websites, but doing so shouldn't compromise your security. What's going on?

• AlPass
    AlPass
    Community Member

When I drag item from 1password and drop it onto a box in Safari on a secure website it doesn't put in the information.

• AlPass
    AlPass
    Community Member

Sorry, should have said text item on 1password. Doing it from the textedit app works fine.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AlPass -- that's correct: 1Password doesn't perform that kind of drag-and-drop filling. However, you should be able to set up the 1Password browser extension to allow you to save and fill login items. Is this working for you?

• AlPass
    AlPass
    Community Member

It's a choice of further information I need to transfer rather than the login details.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AlPass - ah, gotcha. In that case, you'll need to use old-fashioned copy/paste. However, you can tighten up your own security by going to Preferences > Security and changing the "Clear clipboard contents after ___" box to suit your needs. I'd also turn off any clipboard managers you may have set up, as these can sometimes keep contents of the system clipboard for longer than you might wish.

This discussion has been closed.