Insufficient Permissions downloading chrome extension

I've just been invited into the Beta (Thank You!) and am trying to install the Chrome Extension. The CRX download gives the error "Failed - Insufficient Permissions". Any ideas what might be causing it? I'm on Chromium Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit). Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.5
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04.01
Sync Type: Family Cloud Vault

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @philliprowland,

Welcome to our support forum!

I'd quickly like to double-check and see if you're downloading the correct 1Password extension. Are you trying to add 1Password to Chrome using the following Google Web Store link? You'll need to use this link directly as 1Password for Chrome is unlisted. We do, however, have a 1Password beta extension that you might be seeing if you searched for 1Password instead of using the direct link.

Let me know if that helps and if you're still seeing an error, could you possibly post a screenshot?

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• philliprowland
    philliprowland
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I am indeed using the link from the original post. It seems this may be an issue with my Chromium download folder permissions rather than a 1Password issue. I will post back an update once I get it corrected in-case anyone else runs into this as well.

Cheers from Grand Rapids!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @philliprowland,

Oh, that sure could be the case. If you don't mind, I'd love to know what you find out, just in case someone else runs into a similar issue.

Ahh, fellow Michigander! I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for another mild winter. :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• philliprowland
    philliprowland
    Community Member

Somehow I managed to have 2 versions of chromium installed. In the Ubuntu Software app there is "chromium" and "Chromium Web Browser". In looking more closely "chromium" is several builds newer and is not from the Ubuntu source. I think it was installed via apt when I first setup this machine. The "Chromium Web Browser" app worked like a charm though and allowed me to install the extension.

Ha, I'm hoping for lots of snow! I've been in Chicago for the last few years and yearn for some good 'ol west michigan drifts ;)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Great! Glad to hear you got 1Password installed. We'd love to hear any feedback you have while using it.

Enjoy the snow! :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.