Master password change for 1Password account

Options

Hello guys,

I just ran into a "small" issue. I was going to change my master password for my 1Password account but when I did, the extension did not ask me for update the password inside the vault (I use standalone vault to store my 1password account login info). That looks to me kind of strange when the change notification does not work on your own site :smile:

Browser: Safari 11.0.1

Regards,

Ondrej

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer,

I'll have to check a few things but I do know that 1Password for Mac asks the extension to not perform its normal duties in favour of a more integrated approach directly in the client. By this I mean that if you were to log into a 1Password account that is not connected to your current copy of 1Password for Mac it won't ask if you would like to save a new Login item but instead 1Password will ask if you want to connect the account to 1Password. I confess I'm not sure what our intended behaviour is with any change password action when performed directly inside of the web interface.

Can I ask, did the Login item you have come from the 3 starter items that are generated by our page/your browser at account creation or was this a Login item you created yourself? That probably sounds like a weird question but it could be pertinent so please bear with me :smile:

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables ,

1) you're right, that I get the 1password popup to add the item into the app (I don't have it there ATM) when I log in, but nothing happens when I change the password

2) Regarding the login item, honestly, I'm not sure. It was created more than a year ago, but if I take a look at the items inside, I have there the account key, which has dotted-out characters, which I definitely didn't create myself. Not sure if that was due to "updated password prompt" earlier or it was created with that in the beginning. Is there any advise, you can give me, to better answer your question?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer,

Your answers were great. I think what is needed now is for us to test a few permutations and see what we can learn about how things are behaving and what we should be doing to improve where necessary.

This discussion has been closed.