Unable to sync new installation of 1P

Options
Dgolden
Dgolden
Community Member

I have installed 1Password 6.8.3 on a new Macbook running Mac OS Sierra. I am unable to sync the new Macbook with my other installations on an iPhone, iPad, and a mac desktop. The other installations sync through iCloud and I want the new install to connect to that. When I go to preferences on the new installation there is no SYNC button. I do not use account, team, or family members. It is just me and I want it to work the old way. Also I do not see how to enter my license for the new install.
David

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dgolden -- You should've seen the opportunity to import your data (and begin syncing) from iCloud when you first installed 1Password onto your new MacBook. If you didn't see that option, do you currently have any data you need in 1Password for Mac on this new MacBook?

If not, then I'd suggest you follow these instructions to reset 1Password and start fresh. When that's done, double-click 1Password in your Applications folder to re-launch it, then at the Welcome screen, choose to Sync using iCloud.

Applying your license should be easy: just double-click the license file you already have (with 1Password running and unlocked), and it should take care of everything for you. Alternatively, you can go the 1Password menu > License and follow the prompts there to get your license file installed. However, if you have a license purchased from us in the past, you must be using the version of 1Password for Mac downloaded from us; the Mac App Store version does not have a space for a traditional license key because (like all Mac App Store apps), it's tied to your Apple ID. If you downloaded the Mac App Store version by mistake, delete it and download our version. When deleting the Mac App Store version, don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then install our version.

Let us know how that works for you!

• Dgolden
    Dgolden
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. I must have blown by the welcome screen without reading it. The reset did the trick

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dgolden - glad to hear it! Yeah, we're all so used to ignoring the "read mes" and TOS stuff that sometimes we miss important things. You certainly wouldn't be the first person to do it. Let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.