1Password very slow to open

gnicholas2
gnicholas2
Community Member

I'm using 1PW from AgileBits Store on an iMac. When I try to open 1PW, it is very slow e.g. 1min 30secs (timed it last time).

I've tried restarting the Mac, also restarting 1PW using Ctl Opt Quit. It has been slow for a while, but of late has got a lot worse. I recently upgraded to 10.13 hoping that might help.

I'm syncing my vaults via Dropbox, and 1PW with the same vaults runs on my other iMac with excellent speed.
How can get 1PW back to operating normally on this iMac?

1Password Version: 6.8.3 (683005)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Welcome to the forum, @gnicholas2! There are a few reasons why 1Password might be slow to open. The most likely culprits are either something to do with connection to the 1Password mini -- which you can troubleshoot here, or possibly a sync issue, which you can investigate here. I'd also begin with a restart of your Mac; you'd be surprised how often we forget how long a given device has been running without a restart -- try that first, then move on to the other links. Let us know how you get on!

• gnicholas2
    gnicholas2
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    As I mentioned in my initial post, I've already tried restarting the iMac. There are no issues connecting to 1Password Mini, and no issues syncing items on Dropbox. The symptom that is occurring is it takes a long time to open 1PW (that is, it takes a long to time to become active after entering the 1PW password).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gnicholas2 - thanks for the clarification. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#UGM-63555-295]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @gnicholas2 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: UGM-63555-295

• mjmalley
    mjmalley
    Community Member

I have the same problem since the most recent release. Using Google Chrome, when I put my password into 1Password mini, it takes 5-10 seconds to open - for years it has been instantaneous. Also, when i do finally have it open, if I hover on a login in 1Password mini and click the "edit" button, the windows simply close. I can only edit by going to the main toolbar and calling up the login there. I have been using 1PW for years and love it, but these issues are an annoyance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mjmalley - There's been an additional build (6.8.5) since the last post in this thread, so I'm guessing that's not the issue by itself. If it had been, we'd have had quite a few more reports on this issue, and much sooner. My suspicion is that there's something else going on with your system and the update is a coincidence. Do you know when you installed the 6.8.5 update, and has the issue been happening consistently since then, or only intermittently? Has anything else changed on your system in the meantime?

This discussion has been closed.