my new account does not connect to my cc

catovanderwerff
catovanderwerff
Community Member

I forgot my master password, so I reset my account. I can get in 'my password' now, but it says that it is 'read only' and that I have to purchase the package, but I already did when I first installed 1password. How do I solve this problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @catovanderwerff -- sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account just now. When you say you "reset your account," what do you mean? If you had a 1password.com account as an individual, and you forgot your Master Password, you would not have been able to "reset your account," since to delete or change your account you have to be signed into it, which would require your Master Password.

It sounds like you might be referring to a local vault/data? If so, that's not an account, but the problem is the same: if you can't access it via Master Password, you'll need to start over. The fact that you have it in "read only" mode makes me think you downloaded from the Mac App Store -- and it would only be in read only mode if you either downloaded it using a different Apple ID than the one you originally used to purchase 1Password, OR you originally bought 1Password from us (AgileBits), instead of the Mac App Store. Can you clarify?

This discussion has been closed.