"Check your email and secret key " error on iphone

Hello,

I'm trying to add my teams account to my iphone. I've scanned the setup code from my emergency kit and double checked the information yet I keep getting a "Check your email and secret key " message.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I keep getting a "check your email and secret key " message trying to set up teams on iphone

Comments

• Hi @aframestudio,

Is it possible your Secret Key has changed since you printed the Emergency Kit? I’d recommend signing in on the 1Password Teams website and generating a new one, then try scanning from that.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• aframestudio
    aframestudio
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

The secret key did not change but generating a new one anyway worked.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

• You’re most welcome. Glad to hear that did the trick. :)

Ben

• Ols_Olsen
    Ols_Olsen
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Hi, I am switching my family to family subscription and (where possible) to 1P7, but I still have two iOS 11 iPads running 1P 6.9.1 that cannot upgrade to iOS12. When I try to scan the QR-Code to setup the existing account, the above error comes up although eMail and secret key are perfectly correct. I have even changed the secret key as proposed above. I restarted the iPad, uninstalled 1Password, reinstalled 6.9.1 - but still, as soon as I put in the credentials (scanned, manually or by eMail/iMessage), I get the error message "check eMail and secret key". I set up 6 devices already running iOS12 or MacOSX - no problem there. This problem occurs only on iOS11 devices and/or 1Password 6.9.1.
    What can I do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ols_Olsen: Did you enable two-factor authentication on your account? Outdated versions of 1Password will not work with that, as it was added rather recently.

• Ols_Olsen
    Ols_Olsen
    Community Member

Hi brenty - thanks for your repy. 2FA is not enabled for my account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ols_Olsen: Thanks for letting me know. Have you maybe made other changes to your account since you set it up originally then? In that case, the QR code you have may not reflect your current account credentials — e.g. different sign in address for a family account, regenerated Secret Key, etc.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#GAT-87114-344]

If you’re reading this and you are not Ols_Olsen, this Support ID is for Ols_Olsen only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: GAT-87114-344

This discussion has been closed.