To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to use 1Password standalone (without an account)?

Options
diegooriani
diegooriani
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

Hi there,

I have recently reinstalled 1Password and now I am having trouble making the app fully functional. The account is now frozen and I cannot find a way to switch it to standalone. What steps should I follow to achieve this?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @diegooriani :)
    Welcome to the forum. Just to get a better picture here, is there a particular reason why you want to switch to standalone? When it comes to using 1Password on multiple devices, an account is simply the easiest and best way to do it. Did something go wrong that I could potentially help you fix or did something turn you away from wanting to use your account?

You can switch to standalone if you really wish to by following these instructions, even when your account is frozen. It would help if you could tell me why you want to, though.

Cheers. :)

• diegooriani
    diegooriani
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C Thanks. The reason is simple, I have paid for two licenses since I started using 1Password back in the day, so I don't want to join the subscription model.

Regarding the instructions you sent me I have a problem with the step 2 — 4. The option to copy is disabled so I cannot continue from there.

Please advise.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@diegooriani
    Fair enough. :)

As for your issue, the problem is that you are attempting to copy to your Personal vault. Your Personal vault is your account vault, which is currently frozen. You want to copy the items to the standalone Primary vault you just made.

• diegooriani
    diegooriani
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C Okay, all done. Now there is a new problem, the software is not accepting my license. What can be done?

I tried to do it manually and also automatically. Nothing works.

Please advise.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @diegooriani,

Sorry you're having trouble getting 1Password to recognize your license. Please give this a try:

1. Open 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini from the menu.
    2. Choose 1Password 6 > License from the menu to check if 1Password has now applied your license.

Hopefully that does the trick and let us know if you need more help with this or anything else.

• diegooriani
    diegooriani
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Thanks for your help, unfortunately there is no such a menu option. What should I do now?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thanks for posting the screenshot, @diegooriani. It shows that version of 1Password is from the Mac App Store, which is why you can't apply your license to it.

Sounds like you might installed that and the version from our website. So we can suggest what to do next to make sure your 1Password data ends up in the right version, please use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostics report:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report (Mac)

Then attach the report file with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. If you post that ticket ID here we can track down your email with the report more quickly and help you get this issue resolved.

Thanks in advance!

• diegooriani
    diegooriani
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Thank you once again. Here's the ID [#BHV-21664-722]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Got your email with the diagnostics, @diegooriani. Thanks for sending that in and posting the ticket ID back here. :+1:

I'll send you an email reply as soon as possible with specific instructions for sorting this out.

Enjoy your weekend! :smile:

ref: BHV-21664-722

• diegooriani
    diegooriani
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk The problem has been solved. I have followed the instructions sent by email and now I can say that the license has been successfully accepted. Thank you again for the help and patience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it, @diegooriani! On behalf of @sjk, you're quite welcome! Let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. :)

This discussion has been closed.