Able to request a guest/client for login information?

Options

Hi there, I know we can share a vault or item/login/note/etc with a guest. We can also invite them to one of our vaults. However, I work with a lot of clients that provide me with login information to their websites, and other systems.

Is there a way or feature that I can use where I can send a customer a secure form where they can fill in their login information without having to signup with 1Password? Once they fill this information out, it becomes an entry in our team 1Password account and then we can move that to whatever vault we want.

I hope that makes sense. Sorry if I am not using the correct terminology, I am new to 1Password. I hope this is possible, please advise. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @guillermosgonz,

I think that makes sense. You want a way of having someone external from your team provide you credentials that end up in your vault.

Out of the box, there's no way to achieve this with 1Password Teams. But we've had success helping a few companies set something up that would achieve this by making use of our CLI tool. You would be responsible for creating a web form that gathers the information from the client, and getting that to a server that can run our CLI tool. The CLI tool can then add that login information to a vault of your choice.

Take a look at the Getting Started guide for our CLI tool. The tool is still in beta and while we're trying to keep things stable, we make no guarantees that future versions won't change how things work.

Let us know if you think that'd do the trick.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.