vault password on osx stops working until I reboot

jnylund
jnylund
Community Member

Hi, this is the 4th time this has happened in a few years (so not very often),but about the 2nd time in 2 weeks. For some reason I cant unlock my vault on my mac after a while, I can still use the same password on my phone, no problem. If I reboot my mac it starts working again...caps lock is not on...I have seen other postings related to this over the years with no real solve other than play with syncing. Any ideas? Anything you want me to check before I reboot this time?

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.16
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jnylund - no, I don't want to keep you from using your Mac -- but what you CAN do for us is, next time this happens, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83834/vault-password-on-osx-stops-working-until-i-reboot#latest
    • Your forum username: jnylund

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.