questions about rich icons and autofill

Options
_vince
_vince
Community Member

When I was using 1Password about filling, the feature of System overlays and Accessibility did not support many popular applications in China, such as WeChat or other apps.

In addition, I found that in the Android platform, when creating a login choice ,Why can not choose the rich icons like in iOS platform.

I think that is really a terrible experience for China users.I hope more Chinese application can be supported by official and 1Password become more friendly for China users. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.7.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@_vince: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Android cannot integrate directly with other apps ourselves. They have to support that.

While 1Password for Android supports Google's new Autofill feature, this does require Android 8. And, similarly, while it supports the OpenYOLO standard, which can work all the way back to Android 4.1, we cannot build that into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. However, we have information available and are happy to help in any way we can, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction:

Integrate 1Password into your Android apps

We're always happy to help them improve their app experience for our mutual users! But if you are not able to use the current version of Android, and the developers of other apps you rely on will not support OpenYOLO (which works with other apps too, by the way), you will either have to copy and paste, or use the 1Password Keyboard if they will allow you to:

Use the 1Password keyboard to fill in Chrome and apps on your Android device

Regarding Rich Icons, we have those in 1Password for Android for the same sites as our other apps. It may be that you don't have that feature enabled, or you may not be able to connect to the server to download the icons for some reason. Be sure to check on that! :)

This discussion has been closed.