OTP not prompting

Hello,

On sites like gandi.net, 1Password X is not prompting (or placing the OTP code in the clipboard) for One time password fields. Ctrl + \ does not fill it in. I have to summon the extension and click fill (doesn't work for every site I have OTP for), or view the item details and copy it.

Also, it would be nice if I could keep logged in when Chrome is closed, only locking based on my timeout.

1Password Version: iPassword X
Extension Version: iPassword X
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Lunim,

Try pressing Ctrl-\ when the field has focus. :)

We’re working on better automatic detection of OTP fields as well, since we know this is a pain point right now. Thanks for your patience!

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

@Mitch 'Ctrl \' does not seem to do anything. I have tried with a few different websites and nothing happened on any of them.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@Lunim: I believe we planned for to be Ctrl-\, but in fact, it's Meta-\. This might change in the future, but give that a try and let us know if it doesn't work.

Also, I'd love if you sent us a list of websites TOTP filling isn't working on so we can get those fixed. If you'd like to do that more privately you can by emailing them to support+x@1password.com.

Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

Win key + \ seems to be working on a few of the sites. I will email the list of sites with filling issues, thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

That'd be great, thanks!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

OTP not working on a Nextcloud Installation with TOTP Plugin -> "https://github.com/nextcloud/twofactor_totp#readme"

Greetings

Jan

• Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I've opened an issue and we'll try to get this fixed up soon.

• Sherman
    Sherman
    1Password Alumni

Hi, Jan (Harlie),

I personally use OwnCloud, it is not exactly NextCloud, but the latter is forked from the former. I installed the TOTP Plugin, and was able to setup and authenticate my logins afterwards.

I noticed that in the setup step, there is a verification text field you can copy 1Password generated TOTP 6 digit code to. Can you tell me what do you see from this verification step?

(To paste the TOTP url correctly, you would likely need a QR reader that parse the QR into a url. for OwnCloud, it looks like this: otpauth://totp/ownCloud%3Asherman%40Your.Host.Name%3A8001?secret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&issuer=ownCloud, this url is what makes 1password generate correct 6 digits TOTP token)

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

I just joined the Beta test, and I use TOTP on many accounts. I have many places that TOTP is not working. It's not working on some of my Google logins. It works on my AWS accounts, but I just logged into my Backblaze B2 account, and the TOTP did not get copied to the clipboard like it always has before. It seems the app will include a TOTP in sites it is familiar with in the form, but it should be copying the TOTP to the clipboard if that field is present in the entry.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@Taz77,

1Password X will not copy one-time passwords to the clipboard. But, unlike the 1Password app and extension, it does fill them.

I just double-checked with my own Backblaze B2 account, for example. Fill the username and password, then when you're asked for your verification code, click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar and choose your Backblaze B2 login. It should be filled.

We're looking at improvements for one-time passwords in future updates. :)

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@khad Ok! At least you guys know. I may go back to the 1Password app, it's workflow is faster than the X app right now and figure out how to divorce the app syncing between my Linux and Mac machines.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hi Sherman,

at Login I see "name" and "password". 1password-X fills this correct. Then came the input field for Auth-Code and 1password-X would fill my name and not the Auth-Code. I must cut/paste the Auth-Code manually.

Greetings

Jan

(https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/ti/z2jtxrip9awa.jpg "")

• Sherman
    Sherman
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jan (Harlie),
    Thank you for quick response.
    It looks like you are talking about auto filling the two-factor text field. Since I work in the team that is coding 1Password X, I know we have some technical challenges there to recognize this field with certainty. I personally use Arrow Key to navigate to the TOTP field and use Enter Key to copy the value. That is about the fastest workflow I use to workaround this limitation.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.