To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confusion about Emergency Kit [Emergency Kits not relevant to standalone licenses]

Options
outtacontext
outtacontext
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

I want to set up my Emergency Kit. I bought 1Password directly from you and have had it since version 3. I am totally confused about how to get my kit. When I request my licence I get two different ones, both from 1Password 3.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @outtacontext,

Emergency Kits are for 1Password.com subscription membership accounts. The information on an Emergency Kit, excepting the (write-in) Master Password field, would only apply to memberships.

Thanks.

Ben

• outtacontext
    outtacontext
    Community Member
    Options

So, what does one do if they have the stand-alone application?

• Ben
    Options

I’m not sure I understand what it is that you’re looking for here, @outtacontext?

With a membership there are a number of pieces of information associated with logging in: sign-in address, Secret Key, and Master Password (along with a scannable QR code to make entering this info easier). With a standalone vault there is just the Master Password. So if your goal is to have a document that helps you remember that, you can certainly create one, but 1Password does not generate one. Since you mentioned you sync your 1Password data using Dropbox you may also find it helpful to print out your Login item for Dropbox.

Does that answer the question? If not could you please elaborate?

Ben

• outtacontext
    outtacontext
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

You’re welcome. :) Have a great weekend!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.