To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confused about Secret Key and Signing in.

SNBR
SNBR
Community Member

This all came about because I wanted to sign in and download the invoice for the recent purchase of my license. I am signed in on my Desktop app (Mac) and on my iPhone. I have my master password and my license. My app works just fine and is synced with my Dropbox across these devices. What I haven't done is linked my Desktop app to my account (so when I go to preferences my account isn't listed there even though my preferences, etc are fine). Nothing is broken, but how do I access my account? I've been on the free version of the app for a couple of years I think and don't remember ever seeing anything about the secret key.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.1 High Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:secret key

Comments

• Hi @SNBR,

Sorry for any confusion. When we talk about “accounts” we’re referring to 1Password.com subscription memberships. We never use account to refer to anything related to a standalone license. Without a 1Password.com membership you would not have an account, and will not be able to login on 1Password.com. Likewise, without an account, you do not have a Secret Key.

If you need your license key or purchase information, and purchased directly from us (e.x. not through Apple), please Contact Support via email. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• SNBR
    SNBR
    Community Member

OK thanks Ben. Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of having an membership account as such?

Thanks and happy weekend!

S

• Great question. :) This guide should help explain, but if you have any questions not answered there please feel free to follow up:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Happy weekend to you as well!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.