Page opens but credentials are not filled

Options

Comments

• jbearjk
    jbearjk
    Community Member
    Options

My problem: by double clicking on login entry in 1Password, 1Password opens the website to login page (if right URL), but won't fill in user id or password; I have to copy each and paste. Only happened since installing Sierra on Mac. Have read all your stuff, tried to add extension, hopelessly confused, and think it is ridiculous that you don't offer a way to solve my problem by a chat, which I figure is really simple and quick to resolve with guidance. I didn't realize that 1Password, which I've used for 3-4 years, won't offer that basic level of service! Pretty crappy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbearjk: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! While we don't have a "live chat", we're here to help. But either way we really need some more details in order to do so. If we were "chatting" that would still be an obstacle to saving your issue. Unfortunately without some basic information it just isn't possible to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• jbearjk
    jbearjk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I'm using version 1P 6.8.4; Safari 11.0.1; Mac 0S Sierra 10.12.6. As far as extensions, I'm not sure what these are, and yesterday when I followed your directions to find them, I came up with blanks.

• @jbearjk: If you're missing the extension in Safari, that definitely would prevent open and fill from working properly as the extension handles the filling part here. Do you see the 1Password icon in your Safari toolbar?

• jbearjk
    jbearjk
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I see it. J.

• @jbearjk: In that case, you can find your version as follows:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Extensions icon, then select 1Password in the sidebar on the left. The version number will be listed on the right.

Also, could you let me know if you see different behavior using open and fill from the extension icon itself? Open a blank tab in Safari, click the extension icon, and select a Login to open and fill. Let me know if this fills your credentials appropriately. Thanks! :+1:

• jbearjk
    jbearjk
    Community Member
    Options

1PW shows up on the left as the only extension I have. Version number is 4.6.12. I can't get websites to open, nor to fill if site login is open, unless I do it manually. (Of course, if you and I were talking, you could verify that I'm clicking on the right things in the right places, and I think we could resolve it pretty quick.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbearjk: "Talking" is a bit different than "spying on you as you use your computer". We're at the opposite end of that spectrum: part of our job is knowing as little about our customers as possible, to protect the privacy and security of all 1Password users.

I can't get websites to open, nor to fill if site login is open, unless I do it manually.

Please elaborate:

1. What are the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect?
    2. What are you doing that does not work; and what are you doing when you are successful?
    3. Have you tried using the keyboard shortcut (⌘ \) to fill a login on a webpage?
    4. How about clicking the 1Password "keyhole" button in your web browser to select one?

The more information, the better. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.