To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating IOS data to 1Password membership

Options
One
One
Community Member

Sorry this probably been covered. I just want to make sure I get this correct if not, I will lose years and years of passwords.

I have been using the free app from the Apple store. I am ready to move all my passwords to 1Password membership.

I just following these instructions on the IOS tab. Is that correct?

In addition, will it still sync to iCloud or to a sever in AgileBits? If the syncing takes place in AgileBits is it safe? Any chance of some error message. Server not available.

Last question. After my 30 days is up, if I decide revert back to the free IOS, can that be accomplish and how is that done

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @One! Glad you asked beforehand — always good to be confident. The instructions you linked to are correct, and following them will get your data moved to the account you create. :) Once you do that, sync will happen automatically with the account. iCloud is no longer necessary since everything will be moved to your new account, and you can sync any new devices by simply signing in.

If your device is disconnected from the internet at some point, everything is saved offline and will be synced when the internet is connected again just like you're used to with iCloud. If you decide to go back to using 1Password without an account, you can follow these steps. If you're going back because of an issue with your account though, please reach out to us in this forum thread or at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to help.

I'm excited to hear how things go!

• One
    One
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob thanks for the reply.

I take it all syncing takes place with a server on the AgileBits. What happens if the server gets destroy?

I know there is no guarantee. But just saying. What if..

• @One Indeed, your 1Password data is stored 1Password.com. If that server disappears for some very odd reason, you still have everything on your devices and you can keep using 1Password there as you usually would. In that sort of case, we'd also provide steps for folks to move their data to a vault outside their account. All this can be done without access to the server.

This discussion has been closed.