To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Support communication very unproductive

Options
davidmay
davidmay
Community Member

As far as I can tell, there's no real way to contact support. If there is an issue, one must enter something here, or send an email, and then trust that a "support" person will respond.

I sent an email 4 days ago with no response yet except for the canned response from the "Agilebits robot". Another observation, the canned response doesn't include whatever was reported, so there's no real record of the submission. Makes it rather easy to claim they never received the submission.

I have collected 3 bugs to report on during my two weeks of evaluating 1Password, but there's no bug submission process.

All in all, not very good support.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The forums work well. All posts are read by AgileBits staff, but often experienced users can answer questions before the staff can get to them.

Email can be slow, as there are sometimes a lot of emails.

Making the robotic response include the original submission does sound a good idea (other developers do this). But even without it, if the user has the response with the reference number that's proof that the query was received. Anyway, why would you think they would say a submission was not received unless it actually had not been received, it doesn't do them any good.

• davidmay
    davidmay
    Community Member
    Options

My post is mostly a complaint about the lack of (in my opinion) real support. Right now it seems very haphazard, and definitely no urgency about it. Granted, most questions may be answered here, but some cannot be. For those not answerable here, there's no fallback, except to pester via more posts or emails until someone feels inclined to answer. For a free product this might be acceptable, but not for a paid product. I'm evaluating 1Password as a password management system for my group and the lack of a professional support process is not a plus.

• @davidmay : I think you're right that our autoresponder email could stand to be better. I'm sorry that it gave you the impression that your original message didn't get to us. I see that your email was replied to by a human (Laura) 20 hours after you sent it. Have you not received that response? Could you maybe check your spam folder in the event that it fell in there?

We're here to support you ever step of the way. The forum is great because you can get quick answers from not just us, but a lot of awesome 1Password users like danco who like to help others. It's typically the quickest way to get an answer. But we do answer email, it can just take a bit more time depending on how busy we've been.

Rick

• davidmay
    davidmay
    Community Member
    Options

I received a reply for #UAV-14711-676. I have not seen any reply for #PTS-38361-338.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidmay: Indeed, Laura replied to you four days ago, and merged all of your messages into a single conversation under UAV-14711-676 to avoid confusion. I'll resend it here shortly, and be sure to check your spam folder. If our replies to you are getting stuck in your filter it will certainly be difficult for us to help you. But we can help here as well if you're unable to receive emails from us for some reason. Thanks for your patience.

ref: UAV-14711-676

This discussion has been closed.