Restoring Trash of Team and Personal vault all at once + changing email address for Team account

Hi,

could anyone please help me?

sorry if this has already been asked but I can't dig through the whole forums and and FAQs at the moment (still too sick).

I would like to restore everything in the Trash folder of my Team vault to and move them into my Personal vault from that team and did not find away other than restoring every single item one by one and after that moving them from several folders. Same for the Trash in my Personal fault, but just select all and restore seems not to work.

Also I can't change my email address "domain not allowed". It's an icloud.com address what does not exist anymore and I want it to change to another one also ending @icloud.com. But I can only use the domain of my second team member who is myself too and I don't want to use this exchange address anymore and even removed my second team member.

I am thinking about just deleting everything and setting up a local vault with iCloud sync now and already did it and reverted because of the above mentioned Trash problem.

Maybe there could be another solution like making the Team account to a family account. I only use it because it had been an old discounted offer and don't really need it because it's not for work.

Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards Julie

P.S.: The email address I am registered to this forum is the same as the one I want to change in my team account. So if you like to contact me privately, it won't also work. I'll change it after this post to another one and hope you still see what address I used before for knowing what account I am talking about.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChocolateCheesecake: Heya, Julie! It's been a while. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're not well, and that you've been having some struggles with 1Password on top of that. :(

Unfortunately there isn't a way to restore everything from the Trash all at once, and restoring will put the items back in their original home, not allow you to restore them to a different vault.

Regarding "domain not allowed", it sounds like you may have a restriction on the account. Check "Allowed Domains" on your Invitations page:

https://start.1password.com/invitations

If you'd like to discuss your account further, please shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID here. We're happy to help. :)

• Thanks @brenty for your reply,

I already checked "Allowed Domains" but it can only be changed to a private/own domain. And at the moment it's just an Exchange domain "@name.onmicrosoft.com".

I don't trust Microsoft for security reasons and already copied the data into a local account and will delete everything stored online for now. (Not sure if really necessary. I have to think about it again.) Until I manage to solve this. I can't even remember why and when I changed one of both iCloud addresses to that MS one.

But the second team member what had also been me, is removed and it doesn't help.

I tried changing it after that to icloud.com and protonmail.com, but it wasn't accepted. :(

Maybe I just delete that Microsoft account if I find out how to do it. I only purchased a special offer subscription (cheaper than the home version) for my brother and never needed it myself but tested it for a while because he doesn't need it at the moment and the old subscription that I was able to share with 5 persons, just expired by the end of August.

If I can't do it on my own, I will contact you sooner or later. I have to get healthier at first for better concentration. :'(

Julie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChocolateCheesecake: Definitely put your health first, Julie! You're the only you you have. We're here any time. <3

The "allowed email addresses" feature can be a bit confusing because it's meant primarily for large companies. It's there to enable this feature, without opening a huge security hole:

Anyone with an email address from an allowed domain can join your Team by following this secret link:

That way a company could pass around that link internally for everyone to sign up, but if it got out it wouldn't allow just anyone to join their 1Password Team. That isn't needed for you to change the email address in your account profile though. I apologize if that wasn't clear.

Definitely shoot us an email so we can help you transition to a family account whenever it's convenient for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.