Have I got an error for you!

Options
diversityxdesign
diversityxdesign
Community Member

The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/(username)/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:36:52: execution error: System Events got an error: AppleEvent timed out. (-1712)

Been happening since I went to High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48). It's intermittent...

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

I use Chrome, Safari and Firefox Quantum often all at the same time. I use the password mini. I have the sync thru iCloud on an iPad Pro and an iPhone 8.

Rebooted. What should I do next?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@diversityxdesign: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble there! I couldn't tell you why, but it sounds like the High Sierra upgrade either damaged that file or messed up its permissions. Please try this:

1. Close all browsers and 1Password.
    2. In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper (if you have trouble finding that, select Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste that location in the field that appears)
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Reboot your Mac.

See if that helps. You can also try disabling and re-enabling autosubmit in Preferences > Browsers. Let me know if that is able to recreate it so it can work normally again. :)

• RickinColorado
    RickinColorado
    Community Member
    Options

have you heard if this worked? I have same issue on iMac

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RickinColorado - We never heard back from the original poster of this thread, so I can't say for sure, but it's certainly the place to start, and won't hurt anything if it doesn't solve the issue. Give brenty's instructions a try; deleting that file and restarting your Mac should re-create the file one more time and hopefully resolve the issue. Let us know how/if it works for you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RickinColorado: Indeed, it's worked for me and many others, which is why I suggested it. Did you try it?

• RickinColorado
    RickinColorado
    Community Member
    Options

yes and haven't seen the error message since. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RickinColorado - Great! Thanks for the update, glad that worked for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.