Converting keepass2 to 1password fails

dpcronin
dpcronin
Community Member

When trying to convert data from kepass2 to 1password i get the following error below

C:\Users\cronind\Desktop\convert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v ..\pm_export.txt
Error: failed to load converter module 'keepass2'
Can't locate XML/XPath.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Program Files (x86)/VMware/VMware vSphere CLI/Perl/site/lib C:/Program Files (x86)/VMware/VMware vSphere CLI/Perl/lib .) at Converters/Keepass2.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Converters/Keepass2.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at convert_to_1p4.pl line 38.

Any help with this would be great.

Not sure why vmware client is being referenced in the error!

Have used keepass for many years but would like to trial 1password to see if it fits our company needs

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Error: failed to load converter module 'keepass2

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @dpcronin ,

Please use the 1.10 version of the converter suite. It is located in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post.

Also, did you install the Portable version of Strawberry Perl and use the .bat script to set the environment? Otherwise, you have to configure your environment variables to find/use Strawberry Perl ahead of the Perl located with your VMWare install.

• dpcronin
    dpcronin
    Community Member

Hi

Yes i installed the portable version . i fully removed vmware features, re-installed strawberry perl and installed version 1.10

i now get the below message

C:\Users\cronind\Desktop\convert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v ..\pm_export.txt
    'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@dpcronin ,

This would imply that you are not launching the portableshell.bat file to initiate the environment. It will set up the PATH so that the perl executable is found.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@dpcronin ,

Did you get your conversion completed and data imported? If not, do you need some remote help?

• dpcronin
    dpcronin
    Community Member

Hi, still getting perl not recognized error. Not sure what step im missing

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

If you want some remote help, @dpcronin, my email address is at the top of the convert_to_1p4.pl script. Send me an email, and I'll reply with instructions for the next step. We'll keep it safe, secure, and I'll make sure you don't share any confidential information with me.

This discussion has been closed.