1Password.com Profile page lists my iPhone X as an iPhone 6 running iOS 9...

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Families

Although I have recently updated from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X the 1Password.com Profile page of my Families account still lists my iPhone X (which I "installed" by restoring a backup of the old iPhone 6) as an iPhone 6 (running iOS 9).

I de-authorised this device and authorised again, but that did not change things. It is still listed as an iPhone 6 on iOS 9 (expected: iPhone X on iOS 11).

(How) Can I fix this?

(this is particularly confusing since I still have both devices)

1Password Version: 7.0.1
OS Version: iOS 11.1.2 (15B202)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: I hear you. Sorry for the confusion there. You did the reasonable thing, but it just isn't possible to change that at this time. The device is still remembered and recognized (or deauth would not work), so it's version is frozen in time even after you remove it and readd it. It's something we'd like to improve in a future update, but it will require a lot of work behind the scenes. :blush:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

The latest web update (#431) seems to lay the foundation for that?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5#v431

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ohhh you're good! Exactly right. We still have some work to do in the clients for that to work, but it's in the pipeline. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Thanks to this post by @bundtkate I learned that you are currently testing an improvement:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/405432/#Comment_405432

I can report success; my recent Apple purchases are listed correct now as iPhone X and iPad Pro 10,5” running iOS 11 :)

It would be nice though if you could improve the icons as well. The currently used icon of an iPhone with a home button does not represent the iPad nor the iPhone X very well... ;)

• @XIII,

You need 1Password for iOS 7.0.4 or 1Password for Mac 6.8.5, which should both be available tomorrow.

Rudy

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

@rudy Not sure I understand; I’m running the latest betas on iOS and Windows; the devices are already labeled correct now :)

However the icon on the profile web page is too generic (every iOS device is shown as an iPhone with a home button; no iPad or iPhone X).

How will a new stable iOS/Windows release change that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Rudy is referring to 1Password for Mac, and you're already running the iOS beta. It's a multi-pronged strategy (I've always wanted to say that for some reason): last month we rolled out some changes on the server to support device version information account updates, and we've been working on implementing better support for this in the apps as well. No support for device-specific icons currently, but it's something we can consider for the future. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

It's one of those small things Apple does to delight customers: the iPhone icon on my Apple watch changed when I paired it to an iPhone X.

(but to be honest: I did not notice until someone posted that on Reddit... ;))

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's one of those small things Apple does to delight customers: the iPhone icon on my Apple watch changed when I paired it to an iPhone X.

Indeed. :chuffed:

(but to be honest: I did not notice until someone posted that on Reddit... ;))

:lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.