To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I might have two accounts, but need only one

Fernerz
Fernerz
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

Yesterday I signed up for 1Password and I think I inadvertently created two accounts. I received emails referring to these two accounts and two emergency kits with different secret keys. At one point yesterday I could see them both listed under Accounts, but now there is just one account, which is fine with me. Does anything need to be done about the account that was but now appears to be gone?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud (?)

Comments

• Fernerz
    Fernerz
    Community Member

There are, indeed, two accounts, but the only place the second one appears is on the website. I tried signing in, but yesterday before I realized there were two accounts, I updated my master password and dutifully updated my emergency kit and destroyed the previous one. So, I have no master password for the account I didn't realize I had yesterday and do not want today. I've contacted a human at support, but maybe someone has an idea of what to do? Many thanks....

• meganbee
    meganbee
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Hi @Fernerz,

Apologies for the confusion! I can see that you've contacted us via email, and I've just responded, so let's continue our conversation there. :chuffed:

I'm looking forward to getting this straightened out with you so we can get you up and running. Talk soon!

ref: SSQ-99867-996

• jacmo
    jacmo
    Community Member

Hi Fernez
    I did the same as you. I have 2 accounts( the extra one done by accident) but only want one. I subscribed for a family membership. I posted a question on the forum but have had no answers. I also contacted support but no reply yet. I want to get on and get 2Password going on my devices but I don’t know which account to erase.
    I’d be grateful for your advice.
    Kind regards
    Jacques

• Hi Jacques,

We'll be in touch via email as soon as we can. We cannot discuss specifics of individual accounts in these public forums. Thanks!

For anyone else reading that finds they are in this position: please email us: support@1password.com

Ben

ref: MKS-14633-696

This discussion has been closed.