No Secret Word and unable to Synch Accounts

fbars47
fbars47
Community Member

I have MacBook Pro with 1Password installed. I Never registered for an account.
I have just installed 1 Password in my iPhone and have tried to synch, but have been asked for my secret word (on the computer). This seems perfectly logical.
As I did not register my account, I understand this word is not visible on my computer and I cannot recollect even setting one up. This does not seem logical.
Is there a way out of this, or do I have to start again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@fbars47: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Can you clarify what you're trying to do? A 1Password.com account uses a long alphanumeric Secret Key as part of its credentials, so you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. On the other hand, using WLAN Server to sync (completely unrelated to 1Password.com) requires you to enter a "secret" shown in the desktop app's WLAN Server settings. I'm not sure which you're referring to (or even which versions you're using, since you left that information out of your post!), so please let me know!

• fbars47
    fbars47
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,
    Thanks for your help.
    I am trying to sync my laptop application to my iPhone which I had to reset. Prior to this, synching was fine.
    Am using 6.8.4 and have no account, so am using WLAN.
    Can't see a settings "wheel" on the 1 Password page on the computer, but suspect it might exist in the 1Password mini prompt which has disappeared. Am not quite sure of the relevance of the mini function as the application has been functioning perfectly well without it.
    One further point ...... I cannot get the programme to work with Firefox.
    Fb

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fbars47: 1Password mini is just a...well, mini interface for accessing 1Password in the browser, or outside of the main 1Password app window in general. The WLAN Server settings are in Preferences in the main 1Password app. Be sure to follow this guide to ensure that everything is configured correctly:

WLAN Server troubleshooting

And if you're having trouble with Firefox, make sure you have the latest version of it and the 1Password extension as well:

https://firefox.com
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.