Unable to update 1Password

Jackenstein
Jackenstein
Community Member

I have version 6.7.1.

I attempted to update to 6.8.4 today.

1. After selecting "Download Update", it states "Downloading...".
  2. Afterwards, it states "Ready to update!" and I select "Update and Relaunch".
  3. It then says "Extracting Archive", then "Downloading...", then "Ready to update!".
  4. I then select "Update and Relaunch". It then states "Extracting Archive", then "Downloading...", then "Ready to update!".
  5. I then select "Update and Relaunch" and get: "Validation failed: The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -67688).

Not a lot of fun.

Please advise...

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@Jackenstein: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! This is happening because something on your system is preventing the update from being validated. That may be "security" software interfering, or a deeper OS issue. We have no way of knowing, but it's something you should probably look into.

However, you can always download the latest version directly from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Again, I'd recommend looking into what's causing the failure on your system, but that should get you back up and running with 1Password at least. Cheers! :)

• Jackenstein
    Jackenstein
    Community Member

Thank you for your help, brenty.

If I download the latest version, would the new version automatically update the existing, old version during installation?

• ourstanley
    ourstanley
    Community Member

I've had the same issue, but reinstalling from the direct download link above seems to have worked OK

• Jackenstein
    Jackenstein
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the reply ourstanley. Did the newer version install over the old one, or did you have to uninstall the old one first?

UPDATE:

I ran the installer and it installed over the old version and is working fine now.

• @Jackenstein: I'm glad brenty and ourstanley were able to help you get updated! Enjoy the new update and you know where to find us if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.