To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased on iOS and Mac, now what do I do for windows 10?

Options
steve79
steve79
Community Member

Hey guys,

I have been a long time user of 1Password. Having purchased it on the Mac and iPhone. Now I want to move it across to Windows as well.

What is the process to make this happen? Do i have to pay again, which looks like a monthly fee, when I have already paid for the other apps?

Thanks

Steve

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @steve79: It sounds like you have existing standalone licenses for Mac and iOS. These are sold per platform and, at present, aren't available on Windows unless you've already purchased a license for 1Password 4 for Windows. If you haven't purchased a Windows license already, we're currently working on 1Password 7, which will include a standalone license option on Windows once it's ready. We don't have an ETA on release just yet, but we are working hard to get it ready to go as soon as possible. :+1:

Alternatively, a 1Password membership (that monthly or annual subscription) will include 1Password 6 for Windows, as well as any future updates for all of your devices (including the forthcoming 1Password 7 for both Windows and Mac), along with all the other awesome features of a 1Password.com account. With a 1Password membership, you'll never have to ask this question again. The answer to "how do I use 1Password on this new device?" will always be, "Install the app and sign in." No more worrying about licenses.

If you do decide to give a 1Password membership a try, you can follow this handy guide to get signed up and migrate your existing data (I'd recommend using your Mac here, if possible). They're free for 30 days, so if you try it out and decide it's not for you, no big deal. You can always cancel and wait for 1Password 7 to be ready to go. Of course, if you have questions, we're here to help. :chuffed:

• steve79
    steve79
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks bundtkate. I guess I will wait for 1Password 7. I have no doubt the features in the membership are awesome there is just something in me that pushes back against all these monthly fees that everyone is moving to. Do you have an idea as to what price point 1Password 7 will be?

Thank you for your help :)

Steve

• Ben
    Options

We haven’t made any announcement regarding the pricing of 1Password 7 yet. :)

Ben

• steve79
    steve79
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks Ben

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome. I’m sure more details will become available closer to the launch of 1Password 7.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.