Feature request: Save OAuth information

Mindplay
Mindplay
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

It would be great if 1Password could suggest me which service I used to login, when many are provided. Right now I save a note with each record, but it would be really nice to add some automation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mindplay: Thanks for reaching out! There really isn't a way for 1Password to do something like that as sites often handle this "SSO" stuff really differently. However, you can accomplish something similar already:

1. Create a Login item for the website and only set the username, using a phrase that informs you of which login credentials you need to actually use. For example, one of mine says "Use your Google account, fooh!" You, of course, can be more or less self-deprecating as your taste (or in my case, lack thereof) dictates. ;)
    2. Then set the submit option for just that Login item to Never submit. That way, when you try to fill it, your past self will gently (or not) remind you that you need to click "Google" or whatever.
    3. Also, you can edit the Login item in 1Password to add the icon for the service you'll use as a visual indicator. For example, edit your Google login to copy (⌘C) its icon, cancel the edit, edit the intended target, select its icon, paste Googles (⌘V) to replace it, and save the changes.

I hope this helps. Let m know if you have any questions! :)

• Mindplay
    Mindplay
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip @brenty it does help indeed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome! I'd love for us to come up with a cooler solution (mostly because I feel like an idiot every time 1Password fills "USEGOOGLEYOUIDIOT"...but that's my own fault), but I find that it helps me in the mean time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.