mac How to assign a site-specific browser to 1Password ?

michelangelo
michelangelo
Community Member

1Password 6. Mac OS 10.13.1. Safari.

I use Safari in conjunction with 1Password for access to all my password-controlled websites. For others, I use URL Manager Pro.

However...

I let Safari manage passwords as well as 1Password, because both are more complementary that competitors.

Dreamhost hosts the https://www.abeille-cyclotourisme.fr/ website that I manage. When I access the Dreamhost Control Panel, with Safari, Safari fails something within Dreamhost control. The cure is : (1) either to deactivate, in Safari, the automatic filling of password and related fields (which is cumbersome ; or (2) to use another browser (I use Firefox for that), which would be a lot easier.

In URL Manager Pro, I know how to assign a specific browser to a specific URL, but URL Manager Pro is no substitute to 1Password for websites requiring authentication.

How can I do that in 1Password ?

TIA

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:mac How to assign a site-specific browser to 1Password ?

Comments

• @michelangelo: While you cannot currently assign a browser individually to each login, what you can do is fill in any browser using the keyboard shortcut or the 1Password extension. I'm not personally familiar with URL manager, but looking at some info about it, it looks like you can use URL manager to open this particular site in Firefox, then (with the extension installed in Firefox) press Command - \ (the default keyboard shortcut) to fill your login from 1Password. You can also use the extension in Firefox to perform a go & fill for that site by selecting the Login item from mini on your Firefox toolbar. Not quite as quick as a go & fill from mini on the menubar (which will always open your default browser), but something that may help your workflow now. Plus, I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. :chuffed:

• RBuday
    RBuday
    Community Member

Being able to assign a specific browser to individual login entries would be great since any default browser will not always work for all sites. PasswordWallet allows this, and it's very useful.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback @RBuday. We'll pass it along. :)

This discussion has been closed.